Friday 7 June 2013

Peak District/Lake District

This last week the weather has been AMAZING!! Most problems/routes have had time to dry up and are now in perfect condition.
First up was 'Working 9-5' (8A+) at Seans Roof, a problem with good moves but sadly in a dark grim hole. I first tried the problem with Dave Mason and we both came pretty close but wet holds kept spitting us off the end! We then came back again and Dave put a fantastic effort in and sent the problem. I came close again but still no cigar. I decided to leave it for a week or so, to see if it would dry up abit more.....It didnt!!

 On my return I seemed to have it much more dialled and FINALLY managed to climb to the end.
 In that same day I ventured over to see if Candy Man sit (8A) was dry and it was prime! I worked out the end and sent it within a couple goes from the sit. This is by far one of the best Peak Limestone 8A's....Well done Dave on the FA!!!

A couple days later I made a quick visit to Kentmere in the Lake District. This is a beautiful little spot with some amazing boulders. After a decent warm up we all headed up for the main event which was 'Tourniquet' (8A). This climb is brilliant, and would not look out of place in world class bouldering destinations such as Switzerland/Austria. Anyway, I managed to fight my way along the traverse and to the top in rather warm temperatures but was super happy to climb such a great line. Next on the list was 'Karma of Trees' (7C). A very clean looking wall with few holds. It was a one move wonder! Pull on and punch to a jug!! Luckily it went quicker then I was expecting as my skin was almost finished. A great day spent bouldering in the sun with friends!
Next stop RIGLOS!!!!!!

Home time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment